Chrysler Repair/Chrysler 300m '02: ATC blower/code 26

Question
Hey my car heater a/c it all works and thru every vent but yesterday when I turn on the car the heater stays on even when I press off it's stay on the knob to put high or low it stop working so all I can do it's lower the temperature it's giving code 26 what do I have to do to fix it

Answer
Hi Geo,
If what happens is that the blower is always running and you can't turn it off or change the speed then that means the blower motor power module has failed. It is located on the underside of the HVAX unit, just to the left of the blower motor housing and it has 2 electrical plugs. To get access you remove the lower edge of the dash panel on the right side so you can see the underside of the HVAC unit.  It is held in place by a couple of screws which when removed allow the power module to drop down from inside the housing. So try replacing that to regain control of the blower motor operation.
The 26 code says that the temperature sensor (also called the thermistor) which is located inside the control unit is not working properly. The manual states that the thermistor is not sold as a separate part and you have to buy a replacement unit. You can probably find one at a wrecking yard. The effect of that code would be that the unit would not properly give you the temperature that you have asked for.
I would try to replace the motor power module first and see how it is working. Also, are you aware that there may be more than on fault code? To check for other codes, do the procedure and once you see the 26 then press the 'panel' air distribution button (the upper on the 4th button counting from the left side) and see if any other number appears.

Thanks for the rating and nomination,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston