Chrysler Repair/chrysler neon 1996 fuel pump

hi, if you still remeber me, i have struggled with the neon and i think i might be on the right path in resolving the problem with the fuel pump. Roland i have been questioning a lot on the fuel pump i got and found ou that it is a 3bar electric fuel pump and according to Bosch specification it delivers 43psi. this pump is said to be correct for a neon but on mine its not performing. i just wanted to find out if you know if theres anything wrong in me trying out 5bar fuel pump and if it wont cause a strain on the car voltage etc. a 4 bar =58psi or 5bar=72psi my problem is on the pump which of the two would you recommend as this side everyone thinks a 3bar is correct and i doubt this from what i have experienced

Hi Tony,
The '95 and '97 manuals that I have show the pressure regulator to be built-in to the pump but it is replaceable. The operating pressure is around 48 +/-1 psi which is based upon the regulator control not the pump 'deadhead' pressure which is said to be around 95 psi. So I would believe the pump itself is not the issue but rather the setting of the pressure regulator. I doubt that the pump current draw will be a problem, but the bottom line is what is the pressure that the regulator set at.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).