Chrysler Repair/'00 Cirrus Heater/AC: air distribution won't change

I have a 2000 Chrysler cirrus.  I have replaced the blower resister but the air only blows through the windshield vent. When I change to other vents with the control it does not respond.  No matter where I place the direction control it only blows through the windshield vent.  Any suggestions.

Hi Shaun,
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by Kevin.
It is possible that the mode door motor, which operates the doors inside the unit, it out of calibration. To test that possibility, remove the IOD fuse which is #5 in the box behind the left end cap of the dash, for 60 seconds.  Then see if you regain control of the distribution. If not, then the air distribution motor itself needs to be replaced. Let me know and I can tell you where it is and how to replace it.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).