Chrysler Repair/'05 3.8L code P0403

Question
Hello,
I have a 2005 dodge grand caravan 3.8l Codes po404,po404p,po441 came on.I replaced the egr valve, cleaned the harness and reset codes. Drove van 125km and engine light came on, this time code po403.Please advise on how to correct this trouble.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Frank,
The 0403 code is about the egr solenoid when asked to function not moving to the position to which it was requested. Generally (and because you already replaced the egr) this is due to a problem in the wiring of the solenoid to the other ends of its 5 connecting wires. So I would suggest that you unplug the solenoid and then check the continuity of those connections, and also when you have both the solenoid disconnected and the black/orange plug at the powertrain control module disconnected that the 4 wires so-connected are not showing a short to ground, to each other, or to a voltage source. Basically the connections are:
Four of the five wires connect to the second plug at the pcm (black/orange)
pin 1  dark blue/light green wire goes to pin 22 on black/orange plug of the pcm
pin 2  pink/yellow wire goes to pin 29 on black/orange plug of the pcm and it should show 5v on pin 29 when the ignition is in the run position which is supplied by pin 29
pin 3 dark blue/dark green wire goes to pin 27 on the black/orange plug of the pcm
pin 4 black/dark blue is a ground wire that is connected to the - post clamp of the battery
Pin 6 dark blue/violet goes to pin 8 of the black/orange plug at the pcm
There is no wire on pin 5.
So visually inspect those wires and then verify their continuity, lack of short and/or voltage as described until you find a fault on one of those 5 wires.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston