Chrysler Repair/'09 sebring instrument cluster lights faulty

Question
Hello Roland,
The instrument cluster lights began a few months ago to go on and off infrequently. Lately the lights do not come on at all. Do you think this can be replaced by an inverter, a fuse or full cluster replacement.
Thanking you in advance.
Tim

Answer
Hi Tim,
My manuals are only up to 2006, but the wire colors are usually consistent over the years. The illumination voltage/current carrying wire is usually orange in color and in '06 came in on pin 12. So remove the cluster and check if that same orange wire is on pin 12 for your '09. It could be simply a cold solder joint between the socket connector that goes to the circuit board which you can repair yourself by reheating it with a soldering pencil/iron. The illumination voltage on the orange wire should vary as you change the illumination control setting. If all the other illumination levels change across the dash then it would be internal to the cluster and most likely just a flaky connection such as I described.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston