Chrysler Repair/'09 sebring instrument cluster lights faulty

Hello Roland,
The instrument cluster lights began a few months ago to go on and off infrequently. Lately the lights do not come on at all. Do you think this can be replaced by an inverter, a fuse or full cluster replacement.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi Tim,
My manuals are only up to 2006, but the wire colors are usually consistent over the years. The illumination voltage/current carrying wire is usually orange in color and in '06 came in on pin 12. So remove the cluster and check if that same orange wire is on pin 12 for your '09. It could be simply a cold solder joint between the socket connector that goes to the circuit board which you can repair yourself by reheating it with a soldering pencil/iron. The illumination voltage on the orange wire should vary as you change the illumination control setting. If all the other illumination levels change across the dash then it would be internal to the cluster and most likely just a flaky connection such as I described.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).