Chrysler Repair/2000 Intrepid A/C Transducer Test

Question
2.7L

Hello Roland, In our past correspondence I mentioned that the A/C had stopped working also, I tested the voltage at pin #42 at the gray connector of the PCM, I get 0.70v at the pin no mater if A/C is on or off, key on or off, at all times it is 0.70v.
Thanks,
Tim

Answer
Hi Tim,
The transducer connects a 5v supply voltage coming from pcm pin 62 to pin 2 of the transducer over to  pin 3 of the transducer that then goes to pin 42 if the refrigerant pressure is neither too low not too high. So if you are reading only 0.7V that means the switch is open and you are basically showing the "ambient" voltage on pin 42 which is that of a voltage sensing circuit in the pcm. If the AC compressor has been inoperative for a long period of time then it is likely that is the result of a loss of refrigerant from the system. It is doubtful that the pressure now is too high unless you recently overfilled it.
You could add refrigerant until you notice that the voltage at pin42 jumps up to something near 5V at which point if you activated the compressor by requesting AC or defrost, then it is likely that the compressor clutch will close and allow for the normal operation of the AC system.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston