Chrysler Repair/99 Jeep Cherokee V8 Engine Shut Down

Hello, A friend has a 99 Cherokee with a V8. Recently when driving the Jeep it has started to simply just shut down. It does this at any time and at any speed. There is no indication of when this is going happen, no spuddering or anything else. It may shut down today and then run fine for the next three days before it shuts down again. When it shuts down the gauges go dead and it rolls to a stop. Usually after it sits a few minutes it will start up and drive. I have read multiple comments saying its the PCM or the connections to it, the screws holding the cover on it or its the ASD relays, CPS and a assortment of other things. After four other "mechanics" have looked at it. A new guy says the fuel filter is stopped up. My question of concern is can a stopped up fuel filter cause the electrical system shut down and all the gauges and dash lights to go dead as I see when the Jeep engine shuts down? Thank You

fuel filter is out  use common sense  whats a filter?  something to FILTER out dirt or trash.
So if u have a filter that u are poring fresh squeezed OJ into a jar  and it keeps getting more and more trash in it  do u think it will all of a sudden allow more oj to pass by  and work for awhile then clog back up again  wait for a min then flow normal?   no  it wont.
IN all the mechanics have they not hooked up a scanner to it to see if there were any codes in the computer?  I bet there are.

Chrysler Repair

Free Dealer trained advice. Dealer trained 15 years Now owner of KEVIN'S MOBILE REPAIR in Atlanta GA I have a mobile Chrysler,Dodge and Jeep repair service in ATLANTA area Email me with Work requests Web page WWW.KEVINSMOBILEREPAIR.COM Master AC Master Drive ability Master Electrical Master Brakes Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep Tech for 14 Plus years Questions 96 and up only. Please don't ask about a noise,a fluid leak or how much something is to fix thanks.

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 20 Years over all experience ACE cert Master AC Master Driveability Master Electrical

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 2 year associates degree for Chrysler CAP