Chrysler Repair/Chrysler town and country: stabilizer bar link replacement

Hey Roland, I was wondering what brand of sway bar links is recommended to replace worn ones on a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, base model.  I had the front struts replaced, the sway bar links, and the tie rods replaced but the van is still not driving right, I continue to hear noises when going over a rough road, it still feels a little bumpy..  I'm pretty sure the mechanic put the MasterPro links in, should I have them put in a better brand, do you think that will help?

Hi Kitty,
I would not have specific info about brands of links. I did look at the manual and found that there are some quite specific instructions about the procedure to follow when doing the struts, sway bar bushings, and the links. It may be that the mechanic did not follow those procedures if he did not have the shop manual.
I can copy those 11 pages and send them to you as an attachment to an email I would send to you directly. You can show them to the mechanic who did the job. He could repeat the installation and perhaps improve things that way.
If you tell me your email address use "at" instead of "@", otherwise it will be erased.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).