Chrysler Repair/P0441

Question
My 2004 Jeep Liberty is diagnosed as having a faulty purge solenoid & NVLD. Is there any danger in ignoring it and driving the vehicle without fixing it?

Answer
Hi Mike,
This is a matter of degree involving the fuel evaporation recycling system and is not dangerous. The air pollution output will be above normal but no danger.  It suggests either the solenoid is not function properly or one of the vapor recover hoses has a loose or pinched fitting. If you want to check this out yourself I can copy some pages from the manual and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. But I would need to know your email address to do that. If you tell, don't use @, but instead use "at" or the address is automatically erased.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston