Chrysler Repair/P0441

My 2004 Jeep Liberty is diagnosed as having a faulty purge solenoid & NVLD. Is there any danger in ignoring it and driving the vehicle without fixing it?

Hi Mike,
This is a matter of degree involving the fuel evaporation recycling system and is not dangerous. The air pollution output will be above normal but no danger.  It suggests either the solenoid is not function properly or one of the vapor recover hoses has a loose or pinched fitting. If you want to check this out yourself I can copy some pages from the manual and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. But I would need to know your email address to do that. If you tell, don't use @, but instead use "at" or the address is automatically erased.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).