Chrysler Repair/P1494 P1495 - 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

QUESTION: I have a 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY limited awd with a 3.8 motor and the check engine light is on. The following codes appear using my scan tool P1494 & P1495. Any idea what may be wrong ?
I disconnected the Leak detection pump and to see if it would make a difference without any luck.

ANSWER: Hi Lenny,
Those codes say there is a problem with either the LDP solenoid circuit or the LDP pressure switch, the wiring or the pump.
The pump plug has 3 wires:
The pink/gray on pin 3 should show 12v with the ignition switch in the run position
The violet/white on pin 1 should be connected to pin 72 of the pcm and verified to not be shorted to ground. The violet/light blue on pin 2 should be connected to pin 77 of the pcm and verified to not be shorted to ground. If all the wiring checks out then chances are the LDP itself has gone bad. But also check that with the engine running you are detecting vacuum at the vacuum hose connection to the pump.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

QUESTION: Thanks Roland. I will check that out today.
Also the odometer and speedometer does not work. I already reset the instrument panel with no luck.

ANSWER: Hi Lenny,
What do you mean by 'reset the instrument panel'? With the key 'off' did you press and hold the trip reset button until "sof.#" appeared, then release the button and watch for any further numbers to appear? That is how you test the cluster.
Do you have any other fault codes, like an 0720 which points to the output speed sensor on the transmission being faulty?
Those are the things to do to narrow in on why the speedo/odometers don't work.
If you would do a "thank/rate" of me and consider a 'yes' answer to the question about a nomination of me to be 'volunteer of the month' I would appreciate that.

QUESTION: Yes I press and held the trip reset button until "sof.#" appeared, then release the button and watched the cluster light up. No other fault codes appeared besides p1494 & p1495

Then the output speed sensor on the transmission should be checked:
verify that pin 1 (dark green/violet) of its plug is connected to pin 13 or the TCM and
         2 (dark green/brown)          14.
Then check that you get pulsed voltage output from the sensor when you measure the voltage across the 2 pins of it with the front wheels rotating (lift front end off ground and run engine in gear).
Ideally, either the sensor or its wiring will be found faulty. If the cluster self-test procedure showed a "step-through" self-test of the speedo and odo readings then presumably the cluster itself is alright.
Please 'rate' me.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).