Chrysler Repair/Relay panel above glove box '92 Fifth Avenue

Question
I had my body control module rebuilt hoping it would make the EVIC start working, but it still has no display at all. I saw on one of your other answers that there was a relay panel above the glovebox that could also control the EVIC, along with headlights etc. I pulled out the relays and 4 of the 5 appear to be the same. I found a replacement for them and tried changing one at a time to see if the EVIC would start working. I could not find a replacement for the longer relay, but it does appear to be closing when tested with a 9volt battery. Not only did the EVIC never light up, now my running lights won't turn off and the headlights won't turn on! What have I screwed up? Are all 4 of the smaller relays indeed the same?

Answer
Hi Dave,
The electrical complexity of these '92 models is surprising.
The 'relay panel' above the glove box is called the "relay  bank" and that 5 relay bank is affiliated with the security alarm system and is also relating to the body computer. It has little to do with the EVIC. There are no details about the 5 relays, so you will need to simply look at the part numbers on them to see if they differ. Each of these module is different depending upon how other aspects of the vehicle are equipped:
instrument cluster: is it electronic or is it mechanical (and if that does it have a visual message center or not)? The visual message center tells about doors being ajar, windshield washer fluid low. And the body computer similarly depends upon the above variables.
As for the running lights, which are always on?
As for the headlights, those are powered by a 50 amp fuse in the power box and then to the relay module above the fuse box. So check out that fuse "C" to start.
The running lights are a different issue, and by that do you mean at all four corners?
So sorting this out is going to be a challenge. Tell me about the variables I listed above.
The EVIC is not completely shown to my satisfaction but it is powered by fuse 12 along with many other items via a pink wire, and the power ground is via a yellow wire, both those on the 6-pin rectangular blue plug at the EVIC, while the other wires to it are a twisted pair that carry digital info, and two more ground wires (black, and black/light green).
I will try to help you sort this out, but don't try changing anything else, yet.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston