Chrysler Repair/Transmission codes:0841, 1776

We have a '02 Intrepid 3.5.
It  been setting codes 0700,1776,0841, and others.
Most of the time it shifts smoothly.
Sometimes it will shift hard coming to a stop and then it gets stuck in a lower gear. If you shut it off and restart it's fine till the next time. Could be ten minutes or two hours. It goes for hours at highway speed with no problems. Just when you slow way down or come to a complete stop.
What's your advice? Solenoid pack, valve body or both ? Or something other?

Hi John,
Those 2 codes point to the L-R solenoid switch or the pressure switch sense circuit or components which are part of the solenoid pack. You could verify the connection from pin D of the trans control relay (the middle pin of the socket) and pin 6 of the plug to the solenoid pack, the connection from pin 1 of the pack to pin 50 of the PCM and from pin 8 to pin 20 of the TCM, where I am assuming the wiring is the same as for that shown in the '98 manual. The other manual I have is for '04 and so if those don't check out let me know and I can give you the pin assignments for that latter model.
The trans manual does list a number of tests involving a diagnostic readout box and a trans simulator to verify whether it is the wiring/pressure switch/or the solenoid but I would believe that it is likely that by replacing the solenoid pack you will resolve the problem. That is listed as the strategy for the 1776 code in other manuals as well. You mentioned "others" codes. Let me know those numbers if you care to. I see no basis for the valve body being the issue.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).