Chrysler Repair/'04 Sebring:headlights/parking lights won't go off

Question
I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring 4 door sedan vg engine. Today I was told I have a short in the wiring for my right headlight, that caused a fuse to blow that kept car from starting. He replaced fuse and told me to buy a pack in case it happened again before I can get it fixed.  I drove home parked, opened door to get out and the "ding ding" warning sound came on which means you have keys in ignition or lights are on. It wasn't my keys, light switch was off so I looked at headlights and the small (parking?) lights are on and won't go off.  I need to know if there is a switch under the hood or fuse that will get the lights off because it will ruin my battery. Cannot get it to shop until Monday. Please advise.  Thank you

Answer
Hi Jodi,
Fuse #7 (20 amp) in the fuse block at the left-hand end of the dash is what powers the parking/tail lamps at the front/rear. So if you remove that it should shut off the lights unless there is a short from another source that is touching the wire downstream from the fuse. For example the problem could be in the headlamp switch section of the multi-funcetion switch. Let me know if removing the fuse #7 doesn't work. Are those the only lights that won't shut off?
What did you mean by a "short in the wiring for the right headlamp? How did that manifest itself and was it just the headlamp, and was it both high and low beams? Also, tell me which fuse was blowing which kept the car from starting. The title of the question also mentioned "headlamp/" not going off. What did you mean by that?
Also, is the car Canadian-sold so it has daytime running lamps? And what in the number in the 6th position of the VIN?
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston