Chrysler Repair/Chrysler 2008 T&C: battery drains

My battery has been stalling for 6 months,  I replaced the battery and the car works for 1 month then the battery stalls again.  I remember the drivers side window started giving us problems before all this happened.  My drivers side window would just stop working.  I would have to open the passenger side and then it would work again.  I then took the Power Window panel out and moved the wires and the window started working again, and now, I don't haven't had a problem with the window working.  Now my battery stalls every other day.  I then jump battery and it works for a couple of days and then battery dies again.  Please help.

Hi Mark,
Unless the windows are powered for usage with the ignition "off", I would doubt those are the source of the battery drain. I believe those don't get connected to the battery until the key is in the 'on' position.
So you have a standard problem with something drawing current when it shouldn't. The best way to chase that down is to use a milliamp current meter to measure the flow of electricity through the battery when the key is 'off'. Remove the - post clamp of the battery and insert the meter between the clamp and the battery post. It should read less than 100 milliamps after a few minutes of being connected. It it reads off-scale (larger than 100 milliamps) then what you do is remove fuses, one at a time, from the power distribution box, in order to locate which fuse is drawing the excess current. Be sure that all the lights are off and the door is closed while you do this testing of each fuse. Let me know which fuse is carrying the excess current and we can go from there to check those items which are powered by the fuse.
Likely it will be the 'ignition off draw' fuse so then you will need to look at individual lights/circuits that are powered by that fuse.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).