Chrysler Repair/Hood latch cable broken

Question
My Chrysler Concorde Limited 2002 hood latch cable is broken and I can't open my hood. How can I get the hood to open?

Answer
Hi Patricia,
The latch mechanism has an arm (or what they call a "pawl") which protrudes forward from the mechanism. It is accessible from under the car by reaching up through the space between the bumper(which is called the fascia) and the cross member that supports the radiator, grasping the arm and pushing toward the driver side of the vehicle will release the latch. If you shine a light you would see the arm a few inches in length with a widening at its front end. If you don't see it or can't get it to release, then go to a dealer and ask if you can look inside the opened hood of any similar vehicle which is being repaired at the time.
To replace the cable involves a few steps and I can email you the page that lists these, attaching it to the email.
So let me know your email address (but don't use "@", instead use "at" or it will be erased automatically.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston