You have been immense help to me in the past with repairs on my 0lder Sebring Convertibles.

I have a 2001 with a new top that was totaled.
I bought a 2005 that needs a top.

I would like to swap the tops - but the good from the 2001 onto the 2005 and the ratty one from the 2005 on the 2001 before it goes to the junk-yard.

None of my books or other resources show me how to do this - can you provide any assistance?

As always I am grateful for your time!

ANSWER: Hi Alan,
There are 15 pages in the '04/05 manuals I have on CD. I can copy the pages and attach them to an email I send to you directly. So tell me your email address and I can do that. But don't use @, instead use "at". otherwise the address is erased automatically.
Please read the PS (below) and respond. Glad I have been so helpful to you.

QUESTION: Hi Roland - as always, you are an incredible resource for which I am supremely grateful!

A assume since the tops are interchangeable that the instructions should be the same for the '01, or close enough to get me through, right?

In any case...

You can send it to at gmail dot c0m - and I thank you more than I know how to say!

You are the MAN!!

Hi Alan,
The instructions are the same. I don't know for certain whether there were any significant modifications of the top dimensions so you might want to verify that the component part numbers for '01 and '05 tops are identical, at a dealer parts counter.
I will do the copying later today and get the pages to you soon thereafter.
Thanks for the ratings and nominations.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).