Chrysler Repair/Transmission oil pan install: '10 T & C

I've 2010 Chrysler TC limited 4.0L with 103 K km on it. Gone 4a mechanic 4 maintenance from about 2 weeks. He did transmission oil change, but the pan started leaking. I went back, he did it again last week, but it is leaking. On this second time he told that he is using silicon mastic on the cover before fixing it  with the bolts. When I asked him why he does use a gasket he told me there is no gasket 4  this, at the dealer they have a special cementitious material that he can't get it which he is replacing with the mastic. Now failing twice I got worried if he is doing good job or he has done a problem with the cover or the bolts. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi Nabil,
I checked both the 4- and 6-speed automatic transmission oil pan remove/replace information.
Both use a 1/8" bead of Mopar ATF-RTV (MS-GF-41) around the edge of the pan and under the heads of the bolts. The 4-speed bolts are tightened to 165 inch-pounds, but the 6-speed bolts to only 53 inch-pounds.
I would believe that the parts counter at the dealer would sell the ATF-RTV silicon rubber sealant. My manual covers the 2009 model year but I believe it would apply to you 2010.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).