Chrysler Repair/'01 T & C: A/C Not Working after compressor replaced

Question
2001 Town & Country 3.3L Automatic.  I just replaced the A/C Compressor & Clutch, checked for leaks, vacuumed the lines and applied 3 12oz Cans of R-134a Freon and the compressor was running last night. This morning the compressor was no longer running and I have not been able to get it running again. The clutch does not seem to be getting any power, as I have the a/c button pressed on the dashboard but the clutch does not engage (check with a screwdriver for magnetism at the electromagnet with no pull). Checked the fuse and relay and seem to be working. Any guidance as to where to check next would be much appreciated.

Answer
Hi Fernando,
First, did you follow the procedure to Evacuate air and moisture from the system? That requires some special devices to do properly. It may be that is your problem  because the pressure is too high in the system, and you might do well to have a AC shop empty/save the refrigerant, do the evacuation procedure, and then install the R134a.
Another possibility is:
Does your vehicle have a three-zone control which includes an evaporator unit in the rear of the vehicle? If so, then the amount of refrigerant to properly fill the system is 46 oz, 12 more than you used so far. If that is the type of system you have, then the pressure was marginal to begin with, and then chances are overnight the refrigerant distributed more evenly and that caused a too low pressure reading which automatically tells the engine controller not to activate the compressor clutch. So add another can.
Otherwise, if you just have the front evaporator only then you used the correct amount but you may have a leak.
Let me know if I have misunderstood your situation.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston