Chrysler Repair/'04 Sebring 2.7L engine shaking at start up

Question
QUESTION: 2004 Sebring 2.7L  88,000 miles

Changed the plugs and boots, but it's still shaking pretty bad.  Engine light starts to blink if you give it gas.

It's not drivable w/ the shaking.  Hoped my repair attempt would have worked.

Any suggestions?

ANSWER: Hi Matt,
Try to get a readout of a fault code that may be a clue to why. Turn the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the speedo to see the mileage reading replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Tell me what you find and we'll go from there.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: The code came up as

P 0301

ANSWER: Hi Matt,
The code helps focus on the problem as it says the miss is located at cylinder #1. The most likely causes are a faulty coil on the that plug, a faulty injector, or a problem with the compression of that cylinder. If you have a compression gauge you could check whether it is at least 100 psi. Otherwise you could exchange the spark coil from that cylinder to another cylinder and then try and run it. Then do another code readout to see if the code # 030X is now showing where X is the cylinder where you exchanged the coil with. You could also check the spark plug on cylinder #1 to see if it is very wet or very dry which might be a clue that the injector is either stuck open or not opening at all, though if it is very wet that could happen if there were no spark as well.
So focus on cylinder #1 for the fix.
Thanks for the rating and nomination, which you may repeat both if this has proven helpful.
Roland

QUESTION: Tried changing out the plugs and got the same error.  Also saw the error P 2302.  It's possible that it was there this morning and I stopped looking after the first one came up.  I'm going to remove cylinder 1's plug and see if it's wet or not.

Never changed the plugs before and didn't set the gap.  I guessing that's the issue?

Answer
Hi Matt,
The 2302 does point to the intensity of the spark being weak. The gap on the plugs is supposed to be 0.48-0.53. Check the spark plug wire to be sure it is less than 10k ohms. Check the coil for a carbon track or damage, also check the boot (though new). Check spark plug for damage or for loose electrode.
Did you mean that your "tried changing out the spark coils" which is what I asked you to try.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston