Chrysler Repair/92 Lebaron conv smog check

Question
Getting ready to take my 1992 Lebaron in for a California smog check. Just replaced the battery(was disconnected for over and hour and wondering if I will have to drive it awhile to reset the computer as I did to get 2002 Honda Accord to pass and If so how much do I need to drive it....Also check engine light comes on occasionally (usually when I run the air for many miles or sit idling for a long period. But goes off when I turn off the ignition...

Answer
Hi John,
The 12 fault code "battery disconnected recently" will remain showing until you turn the ignition on-off for 50 to 100 times.
It is not based upon distance driven. You can check for fault codes with the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on", to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the flashes before each pause. Then repeat to be sure of accurate counts. If all you get are two groups of 5 counts (a 55 code) then you have no faults in the memory. Otherwise there is a fault which you would want to correct before the smog check. A 12 code might not be an issue, but try to get rid of it by cycling the ignition on-off till it goes away.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston