Chrysler Repair/1998 Cirrus 2.5l won't start

Wayne wrote at 2014-06-15 04:38:12
Hello Roland, just as a final note, I took out the fuel pump which I believed to be faulty and brought it back to the auto-parts place. Fortunately they agreed to exchange it. So then I went through the whole process again of installing yet another new fuel pump, following all the recommended procedures. Sure enough, after re-installing the pump and tank, taking her back down off the blocks, re-filling the tank, reconnecting the negative battery cable and priming the pump, and then turning on the ignition, she fired right up! It was a total pain the butt having to repeat all of that work, but I am relieved now that shes running. Thanks again for your time and suggestions.  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).