Chrysler Repair/'00 Dodge Caravan: brake lamps

Question
My brake lights are out.  Fuses and bulbs changed out with no result and all the other lights (tail, reverse, blinker) work fine

Answer
Hi Randy,
The '98 manual I have also applies to the '00 as far as I can tell but tell me if you don't agree because I also have the '02 manual. It shows the fuse for the brake lamps is #13 (20 amp) located in the power box in the engine compartment. If that is not blown or perhaps having a subtle crack in its internal wire (look closely if you don't have volt-ohmmeter to check it) then I would check out the stop lamp switch which is mounted in a bracket under the dash near the lever of the brake pedal. It has a 6 wire plug (4 for the cruise control, 2 for the lamps). The plug is gray in color and the switch when activated (brake pedal pushed) should close the connection between pin 5 and 6 of the switch. If that is shown to work (ohmmeter or continuity tester) then check that pin 6 of the gray plug (pink/dark blue wire) shows 12v that comes from fuse 13. If that and the switch check out then the only other possibility is that there is damage to the wires from the switch to the tail lamps.
If the switch is the problem let me know as there is instruction as to how to replace it I can share with you.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston