Chrysler Repair/'02 sebring conv. power windows don't work

2002 sebring convertible passenger power window will not go down it clicks when pushing "up" switch, but not when pushing down switch. Also, when putting top down, windows do not retreat slightly like they used to to accommodate return of top.

Hi Al,
Check fuse #4 (15 amp) in the fuse box in the cabin as that powers the window drop relay that activates the other three windows that apparently are not working. If that doesn't fix this then a fault code reader using a plug-in diagnostic readout box may be necessary to find out what is the reason.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).