Chrysler Repair/'04 300m: ATC code 23

Question
I read your response to Pat's question about his A/C issues.  Mine are very similar.  I tried your suggestion and got a "23" as a trouble code.  What's my next step?

Thanks!

Answer
Hi Mike,
That code points toward the blend door actuator feedback signal. Most likely it is a failure of the actuator but you can check the wire from the actuator to the body control module to be sure that wire is connected.
The actuator is on the underside of the unit near the left hand end of the unit. To access it you remove the left and right side under-panel silencer/ducts. Then when you see it you will notice it is held by 3 screws, two of which you access from the right side, and one from the left side of the center stack. Pull the actuator straight down and note the position of its
actuating tab as you will want to put it (or the replacement) in the same position.
The wire is question is red/white and runs from pin 3 of the actuator plug to pin 1 of the body control module's no. 2 plug (which is black in color and has 24 pins). It is located at the left hand end of the dash, underneat the dash, and has four plugs. If the wire proves to be patent then get a new actuator.
Please read the PS (below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston