Chrysler Repair/'05 T & C horn/airbag problem

hi, i have a 2005 town + country van 3.3. the horn doesn't work from the steering wheel. it does work with the door locks and panic button. cruise control works and airbag light is not on. could it be the clocking spring? thanks

Hi Greg,
The fact that other circuits will activate the horn and that the airbag light is 'on' suggests to me that the clockspring is indeed not connecting. The wiring from the clockspring to the horn and the airbag circuits are different pathways so it would appear that the clockspring is the only item that would explain the double failure.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).