Chrysler Repair/'06 Sebring 2.7 V6 - P0613 TCM?

Question
Issue began a few days after an oil change; I noticed the service guy manhandling the front of the car. He didn't know how to get the air filter cover off, so I showed him.

A few days later started intermittent P1603 and P1604(key pulled codes), then no codes but engine light still on. Went to Autozone and they pulled P0613--TCM error. Where should I start?

Answer
Hi Deb,
You didn't mention if there was any noticeable change in the way the car is running.
Interestingly, although the 0613 has TCM in its title, the explanation rather points to the powertrain control module, PCM. Similarly the 1603 and 1604 point to the PCM as the problem.
The first thing to check would be the condition of fuse 10 in the power box in the engine compartment and also fuse 11 in the fuse box behind the left end cap of the dash. Other than that verify that you show 12v on fuse 11 with the key in the Off, Run, and Start positions of the ignition switch. Then try checking the wire harness at the PCM. The conventional code "remedy" points toward replacing the PCM. But absent a performance issue I would not get into that.

Thanks for the rating and nomination.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston