Chrysler Repair/'90 Lebaron:turn signal/hazard/multi-function

Is there a way to test the multi-function switch for the turn signal/hazard lights?  I have no brake lights, hazard lights or turn signal lights.  The fuses are good and the yellow switch clicks once when the turn signal is turned on but that is all it does.

Hi Steve,
The system for the turn signals and hazards is rather complex and involves 4 relay, a diode package, and a combination flasher, along with the multifunction switch and the remote switch.
The fuses involved are 6, 10, and 28 so be sure those are all conducting and if you don't have a meter then inspect them carefully to be sure there is not a subtle crack in the wires.
My suspicion is that the combination flasher unit is not working as that is what provides the actual flashing of the voltage. It is located under the instrument panel just to the left of the center stack and in it black in color and about the size of a relay. It has 6 wires. It may in fact click once when you actuate the system, so listen for it or feel the case of it.
There is about 3 pages of instructions for checking out the multifunction and remote switches which I would have to photocopy and send to you by postal mail. That procedure is complex but certainly can be done. My thought is to replace the combination flasher to see if that solves the problem. The brake lamps are powered by fuse 10 specifically and should not be related to the combo flasher.
So I will leave it to you to decide if you want to replace the combo flasher before going through the switch testing procedure. Let me know your mailing address if you want the pages.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).