Chrysler Repair/'99 Concorde: no start,code P1685

Question
Mr Finston, when we first communicated a few days ago you asked me what color was my key. I said black, but the original key is grey if that makes a difference. Also I sent you my codes in a earlier message today. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Leon,
I responded to your message about the codes, so look for that in your in-box. If your ignition keys have a plastic/rubber bulge in the handle then that indicates that you do have the SKIM system and that would be relevant to the 1685 code which says that you are using a key that is not programmed to work properly with the vehicle.
What is the history of the vehicle (what prompted all the parts to be replaced by your mechanic)? When is the last time the engine ran?
Which of the several keys that you have came with the vehicle and which keys have you been using successfully in the past? Which ever key has worked in the past should work now, but if you are using a different colored key that you haven't tried before, that may explain why it won't start. There is a programmed transponder in each key handle and only those keys that were 'accepted' by the SKIM module sometime in the past will be allowed to run the engine. Please use the follow-up option to ask me another question, but after 4 q and a's you will need to start a new question. It will be too confusing if there are several 'strings' of q and a's going on at the same time.
Also please rate/nominate me (see the tab below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston