Chrysler Repair/theft/security system location: '99 minivan

Question
QUESTION: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L

I am following one of your previous answers:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chrysler-Repair-807/Voyager-Immobiliser.htm

It appears that in my van, the location of the BCM and immobilizer are different. I want to confirm it before cleaning those.
I found the body controller behind the fuse junction box under the dash towards left of steering column. Only the two plugs are visible.
I found the theft alarm behind the lower center console, just above the air duct. However, the two plugs do not have eight wires each! One has six wires and the other four wires. Am I looking at the right location for the theft alarm? I did not find any thing behind the glove box.

Thanks for your help!

ANSWER: Hi Shafique,
The vehicle theft alarm system is centered/operated by the body control module. There is no separate immobilizer module in the latter 90's models. What you found behind the lower center console is the airbag system module. The bcm is where you have identified it to be.
Please rate my answer and consider giving me a "nomination".
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: Thanks for the answer and I am sorry for multiple questions sent earlier.

Now, as your previous answer:

the engine must be running when the plugs on immobilizer are pulled for cleaning to avoid the hard engine shut down mode. How does it go when both body controller and immobilizer are in the same unit? Should the engine be running when I pull plugs on this centered BCM? Can I remove both at the same time or one by one? I will appreciate all necessary precautions in this case.

In addition, is there a way to disable the immobilizer on this model? I believe it is causing me weird electrical problems!

Thanks again!

ANSWER: Hi Shafique,
The theft security/immobilizer system is not able to be disconnected from your vehicle. The only way to avoid it being involved with the operation of the vehicle is to not enable it the future. The way to not enable it is to only use the mechanical push button door locks to secure the vehicle when you exit it. DO NOT use the power door locks when leaving, DO NOT use the keys to lock the doors, DO NOT use the key fob to lock the doors. Only lock the vehicle by using your hand to lock the door using the mechanical push-button on each door.
You can Unlock the car using the door key or the key fob (if you  have one). But be certain to not use the key in the lock to lock the doors.
If you follow my suggestions then you should notice that the vehicle theft system warning light will remain "out" at all times.
Let me know whether this strategy ends the sort of weird problems are you having.
Thanks for the rating and nomination. Please do it again.
Roland

QUESTION: Can you please give me an answer for the first question that I asked in my previous follow-up. i.e.

Now, as your previous answer:

Answer
Hi Shafique,
The plugs on the BCM should be pulled when the engine is NOT running because I have seen no warnings against doing that with your year model vehicle. In fact I would recommend that you do not have the engine running when you pull the plugs on the BCM although it probably would not be harmful. But pulling the plugs on the BCM, either way the engine is or is not running, will not impact the operation of the vehicle theft security system. It will operate just the same after you reconnect the plugs.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston