Chrysler Repair/Throttle cable replacement: Pacifica

where do you start, from engine or inside. 2006 chrysler pacifica touring. cable is kinked and need to replace. do i need to by all parts or just the cable

Hi Julian,
The procedure for disconnecting the cable from the pedal and from the throttle body is described on 3 pages of the shop manual. It is not specified as to whether the cable is available separately from the cable sheath (so I don't know whether you will be able to just buy the cable and replace it or whether the cable and sheath are sold as a unit). The parts counter at a Chrysler dealer can look that up in their parts catalog. I can copy the three pages and attach them to an email I will send to you directly. Please tell me you email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or it will be erased automatically.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).