Chrysler Repair/'03 Sebring LXi front top strut bushings

The front top strut mount bushings have deteriorated on my 2003 Sebring LXI Sedan 2.7L.  The part as shown KYB SM5264 (I think this is the correct bushing) is one piece and is illustrated like it can be changed from the top (under the hood.)   Can this be changed without removing the struts?  (I think this is the correct bushing)  Thank you  Pete

Hi Pete,
The Chrysler '04 manual on a CD I have shows the process for removing the parts of the strut on 8 pages. I would prefer that you examine the pages in detail to draw your own conclusions about this question. It does involve a special part to compress the spring.
I can copy the pages and attach then to an email that I would send to you directly. To do that I need to know your email address because Allexperts doesn't share that with me. So send me a follow-up question where you list your email address. Don't use the @ symbol, instead us "at", or the address will be automatically erased.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).