Chrysler Repair/'04 Sebring won't start

Hello how are you. My wife called me at work today and told me that the  car won't start.  The way she described the scene made new think it was the battery. Got home, changed the battery (what a job) with the new battery installed, turned the key, nothing. With the key in the "on" position horn works, headlights work, brakelights work, a.c. works. No dashboard lights, no turn signals, no windshield wipers. When you turn the key to start it, no sound at all. No ticking sound. Dead silence. Trunk light works. Door locks work.

Hi Collins,
May I ask how she got the car started to get it home?
Did you open the power box under the hood and listen/touch the starter relay when your wife tried the key? If not, do that. The starter relay is the middle one in the front row of the box.
If it doesn't click, then try having her move the gear shift lever slightly off-center from the detent position of P or N and then try it both ways.
If you have a sentry key anti-theft system, those sometimes will defeat the starter motor following 6 attempts to start without the system being fully disarmed and in recognition of the key that is being used. What is the status of the anti-theft light on the dash?
Those are what I would look into first.
Let me know what you learn. I assume this is the 4-door or convert Sebring.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).