Chrysler Repair/09 PT Cruiser Stalls and Hesitates

I need instructions for P0340 because the repair shop said today that they replaced crank shaft position sensor.
P0340 is the code for the CAMshaft position sensor not the CRANKshaft position sensor.
Please send me the pages for the P0340 procedure so I can give it to them or someone else to fix my car.

I will do that now. I do question whether you did have a crankshaft sensor code before as normally these sensors fail rarely and for both to fail at basically the same week is unlikely.
But watch your email.
I am sending the basic pages to replace the sensor. If for some reason that doesn't work and the wiring needs to be checked or some other possible cause let me know and I can send the further 8 pages about those details.
Please rate and nominate me again if you believe I deserve that.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).