Chrysler Repair/2.5L V-6: dies after 15-30 seconds

Question
Hi Roland checked out the EGR valve looks like water has been dripping on it for awhile but it looked okay,but getting back to your question I don't really know the history on the motor,I bought the car from someone who bought it at an aution so it's kinda of a mystery about the fuses.It starts up as soon as I turn it over but as soon as that little bit of gas that is pumped up to get pressure right (I guess)it stops running but with fire now though any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Thank you

Answer
Hi Steve,
Why not try removing the ASD relay and doing that jump from the rear to the front pin. Then do the same thing to the fuel pump relay (the third socket from the front relay socket) jumping from pin 35 to 27 which are the two pins next to each other, inboard. That will start the pump and keep it running, and also maintain the spark and the injector pulsing, without having to have the engine rotating to satisfy the ASD and fuel pump relay safety circuitry. This would just be for test purposes as you would not want to leave it this way for safety/battery drain concerns.
Then try to start it and see if it behaves the same or then runs. I think doing that will maintain the spark and the fuel pump and the fuel injectors. But if it dies then I would suspect there is an issue with the fuel pump/pressure regulator not providing a constant 48 or so psi on the fuel line. You could check that out with a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail.
Roland
Please ask follow-up questions instead of new questions when available. Thanks.
Also, recheck the fault code numbers again as you may have missed a "pause" and not gotten the correct flash count.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston