Chrysler Repair/2000 Chrysler Sebring Conv. VTSS Issue

Question
Hi Roland, I have a 2000 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with a 2.5 and I am having problems starting which I assume are related to the VTSS system. Before I describe the symptoms I also wanted to let you know that this issue happens intermittently and not all the time. The problem I have is when I start the vehicle it will start for a few seconds then shut off. It will do this a total of three times and then the starter is completely disabled. I have also noticed that when this issue happens the VTSS led on the instrument panel remains lit. I have tried using the keyless entry remote and driver and pass lock cylinder to unlock. I do not get a horn or headlight alarm just the stalling and no start. When I purchased the car a few weeks ago it came with a regular grey gead key and a valet key with a black head. I am havong the same prob with both keys. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Answer
The gray key is the only one that will start and run the car. The black one is to unlock only  so  if its doing it with teh gray key  then u will need a dealer to take a look at it as they are the only ones that can program any new items needed for this repair.

Chrysler Repair

Kevin