Chrysler Repair/'92 LeBaron Sedan, Acclaim, Spirit: instrument cluster non=function

I have a 1992 Chrysler LeBaron 4DR V6 3.0L and my entire speedometer dash will not light up. I cannot see how fast I am going, how much gas is actually in the car, how hot it is, etc. However, i can see the mileage until i run out of gas well located in the middle. What could be the cause of the dash not lighting up at all?

Thank you for your time,

Hi Deitra,
There is a fuse in the fuse box under the dash which powers the dash unit. It is number 8 and is 5 amp size. So check that to begin with to see whether it is blown. If not, then likely there is a connection of the wire from that fuse where it goes inside the dash unit that has come loose and would need to be repaired with a soldering pencil. But check the fuse to begin the repair.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).