Chrysler Repair/ASD problem

QUESTION: Hi Roland the measurement of resistance with multimeter set at 200 goes between 01.5-00.8 was taken with #5 fuse and #1 fuse removed also plug at PCM with the pin #46 with the green and orange wire we've been chasing, removed. ignition off and the other components I disconnected during troubleshoot.Thanks

ANSWER: Hi Steve,
The only item you didn't list was the ASD relay itself which I will assume is also removed from its socket. (If the ASD wasn't removed, then do that and re-measure) If that is now the case then there is Either:
A short circuit inside the powerbox itself (which I doubt), OR
A short circuit somewhere along the red/tan* wire that comes from a splice inside the powerbox and goes to the PCM plug pin #46 which you have unplugged at the moment.
So I suggest that you start at the PCM plug and trace carefully along the harness as far as you can in the hope of finding a place where that red/tan wire is shorted to another wire or to a piece of bare metal. The reading of 0.08 will certainly cause fuse #5 to blow as would any reading lower than 0.6 ohms and even 1.5 ohm would likely blow the fuse when you have all the other items plugged back in.
If that search doesn't produce a reading close to infinite (as there is nothing else connected to the #53 fuse pin) then there has to be a short in side the powerbox proper.
Thanks for verifying the reading.
And thanks for the rating/nomination which now has totaled to 5, so no further need since that is the maximum that Allexperts will "count" from a individual questioner.
*The wire I'm suspecting is actually red/tan not dark green/orange, so excuse my error.

QUESTION: the pin ive been measuring was not pin 46 my eyes are a little bad and I realize just now it was on the other plug.Is my time used up?

No, you are close to the answer. So keep at it. But please ask follow up questions rather than new questions, so that the history of the progress stays in play longer.
So actually the wrong plug was disconnected which means the red/tan wire at pin 46 was still connected which may explain why the resistance was so low. So re-measure resistance from pin 53 of the fuse to ground and see what it actually is.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).