Chrysler Repair/Chrysler LHS '99

Question
A before I had my motor replaced the heater and a/c were working and afterwards it would cause the car to overheat if you had the air on and the would blow for 10 seconds before it goes cold. Then last year, every time my car shuts down I had to get a sensor replaced each time. Can you please help!?

Answer
Hi Jessica,
When you are not using the air conditioner where does the needle point to on the engine temperature gauge?
Does the heater work OK now?
There is a delay for the AC of a few seconds (up to 10 seems alright) before the air feels cool. How is it working now? If it is still overheating, what happens? Does the temp gauge go to H, do you get steam coming from under the hood?
Sensors are electronic devices that will from time to time fail. I don't think that is related to replacing the motor. Have you any problems now with the engine not running well?
You can get an indication of the present status of the engine by using the ignition key: turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on", doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window in the speedometer to notice whether the mileage reading is replaced by any 4-digit numbers preceded by a P. Let me know what they are.
Please read the PS (below) and repond to it.
Thanks,
Roland
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston