Chrysler Repair/Drivers side door lock malfunction: '07 300

Question
Hello,
I have remote keyless entry and for the first time (since buying this vehicle in August 2013) I had to use the key to unlock the door. I can use the remote to unlock, but as soon as I pull on the handle, it locks the door. This just started this morning. I can open the other doors just fine. I drive a 2007 Chrsyler 300.

Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Angela,
Because the same problem does not occur if you unlock the door using the door key my first suggestion would be to replace the two batteries in the remote unit (CR2032). The remote splits into two pieces, and note the way the batteries are oriented when you open it up.
If that doesn't correct this, then the next step would be to have a fault code reader plugged into the data link connector which is under the dash on the driver side and have the fault codes for the "body" read out. These are 4-digit number preceded by a B. If there is such a code let me know the number as I have the trouble-shooting procedure which I can share with you. You may be able to get a free readout from a nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone, or a shop may charge around $40 to do that readout.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston