Chrysler Repair/Neutral safety switch: '94 New Yorker

Hi Roland.  Still fooling with 94 New Yorker.  Did some reading and now know NSS failure can cause limp mode.  Can I bypass this switch some way to take car put of limp mode.

Hi Bob,
There is not a single park/neutral safety switch in the '94 New Yorker automatic or any of the LH cars. Rather there are 5 switches inside the transmission that are either floating or grounded. There is one park/neutral that is only for the starter relay activation. Then there is a park/neutral/reverse/low grounding switch, and a park/reverse/low grounding switch, and a neutral/overdrive/low grounding switch. I can tell you which pins of the 12-pin plug these are connected to so you can check out which of these is not grounding or grounding when it shouldn't be, but I don't know how you would correct this if one is at fault other than to remove the switch bank from inside the transmission. So I am unsure what info you have that says an NSS can cause limp mode. Have you done a fault code readout of the trans controller via the data link connector under the dash? I believe that would be more useful to solving the limp-mode situation.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).