Chrysler Repair/Neutral safety switch: '94 New Yorker

Question
Hi Roland.  Still fooling with 94 New Yorker.  Did some reading and now know NSS failure can cause limp mode.  Can I bypass this switch some way to take car put of limp mode.

Answer
Hi Bob,
There is not a single park/neutral safety switch in the '94 New Yorker automatic or any of the LH cars. Rather there are 5 switches inside the transmission that are either floating or grounded. There is one park/neutral that is only for the starter relay activation. Then there is a park/neutral/reverse/low grounding switch, and a park/reverse/low grounding switch, and a neutral/overdrive/low grounding switch. I can tell you which pins of the 12-pin plug these are connected to so you can check out which of these is not grounding or grounding when it shouldn't be, but I don't know how you would correct this if one is at fault other than to remove the switch bank from inside the transmission. So I am unsure what info you have that says an NSS can cause limp mode. Have you done a fault code readout of the trans controller via the data link connector under the dash? I believe that would be more useful to solving the limp-mode situation.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston