Chrysler Repair/P1391 code

2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade
2002 Jeep Liberty Rene  
2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L.  

Was driving home and whenever the Jeep came to a shift point it would shudder and chug until I was past that shift point. Drove home slowly and began to notice a slight clacking noise coming from engine. Ran a code reader on the Jeep and it read p1391 lost crankshaft signal. The next day I took it to a local mechanic and they located noise is coming from valve cover just above the sensor. Could this mean something really bad? Like broken parts? Or will the sensor not reporting properly cause engine to run rough? Just had the engine replaced 9 months ago. :(

1391 is interment loss of cam or crank sensors.
The sensors dont make noise  they dont move.

As for the noise  i cant say what it is   but that cam sensor in the valve cover area has a chain and guides and such that move.   Was this a new or used engine  and do u have a warranty on it?

Chrysler Repair

Free Dealer trained advice. Dealer trained 15 years Now owner of KEVIN'S MOBILE REPAIR in Atlanta GA I have a mobile Chrysler,Dodge and Jeep repair service in ATLANTA area Email me with Work requests Web page WWW.KEVINSMOBILEREPAIR.COM Master AC Master Drive ability Master Electrical Master Brakes Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep Tech for 14 Plus years Questions 96 and up only. Please don't ask about a noise,a fluid leak or how much something is to fix thanks.

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 20 Years over all experience ACE cert Master AC Master Driveability Master Electrical

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 2 year associates degree for Chrysler CAP