Chrysler Repair/P1776

That code 1776 (in the absence of an additional code 1784) uniquely points to a problem in the valve body with the low-reverse switch valve. The valve body is accessible without removing the transmission but it does require dropping a pan on the bottom and removing the valve body for repair. So you could see if things get any better as weather warms but if not then doing the valve body repair is the solution. If the 1784 comes up too, then the possibility shifts toward the pressure switch/solenoid pack as the cause, again with the low-reverse section of that unit.
Removing and servicing the valve body is tricky so if you wanted to do it yourself you would want to have the pages from the service manual before starting. Let me know if you go that route and I can copy those off a CD and email them to you as attachements but I need to know your email address (tell me by a 'private' follow-up question).

Hi Carl,
This qeustion appears to be a copy of an answer that I gave you earlier. Did you have something else added to my answer that came from you which perhaps was deleted?
If it was your email address and you didn't use "at", instead of @, that would explain why it didn't come through. Tell me the year, model of the vehicle and use "at" when telling me your email address.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).