Chrysler Repair/'04 Crossfire: ignition switch lock-up

Hi can't get key to turn to first position.
Can't get steering lock pin out.
Plzzz help

04 Chrysler crossfire v6

Hi Chad,
I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin had referred it. I do have the Crossfire manual on a CD and I found two possible causes: the lock-up cable between the key cylinder and the gear shifter, and of course the ignition switch itself might be jammed. You could try moving the gear shifter slightly off-center of the P or N detent position to see if that might free up the key to allow you to start the engine.
If that doesn't work, there are about 10 pages that show how to service the cable connection and I could copy those and attach them to an email I will send to you directly. If it feels as if you can't move the key at all, then this is probably the place to start.
Let me know your e-mail address, but when you do so don't use the @ symbol but rather use "at" or the address will be automatically erased from your follow-up question.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).