Chrysler Repair/'04 Crossfire: ignition switch lock-up

Question
Hi can't get key to turn to first position.
Can't get steering lock pin out.
Plzzz help

04 Chrysler crossfire v6

Answer
Hi Chad,
I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin had referred it. I do have the Crossfire manual on a CD and I found two possible causes: the lock-up cable between the key cylinder and the gear shifter, and of course the ignition switch itself might be jammed. You could try moving the gear shifter slightly off-center of the P or N detent position to see if that might free up the key to allow you to start the engine.
If that doesn't work, there are about 10 pages that show how to service the cable connection and I could copy those and attach them to an email I will send to you directly. If it feels as if you can't move the key at all, then this is probably the place to start.
Let me know your e-mail address, but when you do so don't use the @ symbol but rather use "at" or the address will be automatically erased from your follow-up question.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston