Chrysler Repair/2002 jeep heater/ a/c problems

Question
QUESTION: Hi, Have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cheroke. Heater/AC just stopped working. Doesn't push out air at all. Seat and rear defrost stopped also.Digital lights come on panel, but that's it. Can you give me some ideas and estimate on this problems. Thank you

ANSWER: Hi Richard,
I don't have the '02 Jeep manual, the oldest one I have is from '06, but it might be still applicable to your '02 model. When you say "just stopped working" is it that there is no blower motor running at any speed setting? or is it that plus neither the AC compressor will actuate or that the temperature of the air is not controllable or ? Let me know more specifically which aspects are working/not working and then we can look at the '06 wiring diagrams and I'll suggest what to do.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: No air or blower. If it was a really old car I would say fuse, but that was the old days. Like I said, digital numbers come up on dash. Heated seat lights don't come on now and doesn't work. Rear defrost doesn't work but dash light does.
Heated seat lights are not in the same place as rest of heater /a/c lights.

ANSWER: Hi Richard,
I would look at fuse 10 under the dash as it powers both the rear defogger relay and the blower motor relay. So if it is blown, those relays won't operate. The seats we can consider next as a separate issue.
Thanks for the rating and nomination which I would welcome your doing both again.
Roland

QUESTION: The fuses looked fine. Should I replace them anyway or can it be something else?

Answer
Hi Richard,
No I would not replace a fuse that is good.
You said that the "digital numbers come up on the dash". That would appear to be an automatic temperature control type of unit. Is that correct?
Next: check fuse 1 (40 amp) in the power box in the engine compartment. Also verify that the fan will not blow at any of the positions that are offered to select.
Do you have a volt meter? It will help to check for voltage at several locations in the system.
Please continue to rate my answers and offer nominations if you believe that I warrant that.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston