Chrysler Repair/'86 Shelby Charger: right half-shaft removal

CV Half Shaft
CV Half Shaft  

CV Half Shaft
CV Half Shaft  
I am having trouble removing the CV half shaft from the passenger side of the vehicle. I have already taken everything apart as I am also changing the wheel hub and bearing. I did the drivers side but this side is a little different and it does not just slide out like the driver side did please help if you have a diagram or picture it would be great. I have attached a picture of it

Hi Annette,
The trick is that first you have to remove the vehicle speed sensor and the pinion gear (which may come out with it and if not then pull it up and out separately from the socket). I assume this is the 3-speed automatic transaxle that you are working with. It has an electrical plug on its top and a single bolt retains it in the socket of the differential. Once you have that removed the half shaft on the passenger side should come right out. It is good you didn't force it and thus avoided damage to the pinion gear.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).