Chrysler Repair/Code 32: egr valve malfunction

Question
QUESTION: Ac quits, ABS warning,Air Bag warning, R turn inop. , electric window inop.  Air glow changes from dash to defrost   all at the same time. What is a common cause if this?

ANSWER: Hi Kevin,
There is one fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment that powers the airbag, ABS, power windows, AC, air distribution, and back up lamps. That is 40 amp fuse J so check that out. If that is not blown, then there is a section of the ignition switch that takes the output of fuse J and distributes it to all those circuits, and that switch section may be corroded or oxidized so you could spray some electrical contact cleaner inside the ignition switch to correct that section. As to the no right turn problem, that may be similarly a problem with the right turn switch contact inside the turn/hazard switch mounted on the steering column so judicious use of contact cleaner in that switch could prove corrective. The same power source is used for both the left and right turns, so it is likely to be the switch
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: We now have a CEL for code 32 EGR solenoid. Upon removal we found it fouled with oil. What is a common cause of this?

Answer
Hi Kevin,
The egr valve is constantly carrying exhaust gas back to the intake manifold. So there is any oil vapor in the exhaust gas it is going to slowly coat the inside  of that passageway. It is very common to find oil crud in that valve. You can maintain it by occasionally applying some WD-40 to the valve stem where it enters the valve body and then move the stem back and forth with the tip of a screwdriver. That will usually prevent it from getting too gummed up to operate properly.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston