Chrysler Repair/'95 Concorde: dies/hard starting

Question
QUESTION: My 95 Concorde with the 3.5L V6 is flashing the check engine light 5 times pauses and flashes another 5 times. Im trying to figure out what the code is and what it means but am not having any luck.

ANSWER: Hi Tyler,
That is the code for "end of readout", and since there were no other code numbers flashed it means you have no codes. So all is well.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: Thank you. And another question. What would cause my car to randomly stall and crank but not start. When I let it sit for about 5-10 minuets it'll run. Also its been doing some hard starting.

Answer
Hi Tyler,
I would check out the exhaust gas recirculation (egr) valve to see if the valve stem may be gummed up such that it doesn't close to a dead stop via the internal spring action. It is located near the throttle body (right rear of cylinder head), is mounted horizontally, has a round vacuum-operated top piece, and between that and the valve body is a flange inside of which you will find the valve stem. It has a slot into which a screwdriver tip can be inserted that lets you move the stem back and forth. Spray some WD-40 on the stem where it enters the body of valve and move the stem to loosen it up.
That may well solve this problem.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.  If you be so kind as to do both again I would be most appreciative. I am in a close race to be "volunteer of the month" for September, which is why I am up at this unusual hour!
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston