Chrysler Repair/96 Dodge Grand Caravan-Speed Control Cable

Thank you for your most helpful advice yesterday regarding replacement of the Throttle Control Cable.

I've decided to also replace the Speed Control Cable and would appreciate any tips/advice you can offer for the best way to replace this cable.

Thanks again

Hi Jim,
Here is the procedure:
Remove the throttle cable and the speed control cable from the throttle body
Depress lock tabs holding the speed control cable to nearby cable mount bracket
Remove tie wrap holding vacuum line, throttle cable,, and speed control cable together
At the servo, remove the nuts holding the speed control cable case to the servo
Remove cable case from servo
Remove hairpin clip holding cable end to servo diaphragm.
Remove speed control cable.

Install is the reverse.

If you would be so kind as to do another press of "thank/rate" the expert button, and then this time ALS0 give a "yes" answer to the question about a nomination of me for "volunteer of the month" I would be most appreciative of that. Your response to my first answer to you did not include that step.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).