Chrysler Repair/'96 mini-van: Throttle Control Cable

Question
Have 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan with 3.3 engine with worn Throttle Control Cable that is starting to fray. Have special ordered replacement cable from Dodge dealer and will install myself.

Appears to be straight forward but do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Jim,
There is a 5-step procedure:
1. From the engine compartment side open the throttle body throttle lever to full open position.
2. Remove the throttle cable from the throttle body cam
3. From the cabin, lift up the throttle pedal and remove the throttle cable retainer and cable from the upper end of the pedal shaft.
4. Remove clip and throttle cable and grommet from the dash panel.
5. From the engine compartment, pull the throttle cable out from the dash panel grommet. The grommet should remain in the dash panel.
6. Remove throttle cable from throttle bracket by gently pressing both retainer ears simultaneously. Then pull the throttle cable from the throttle bracket.

1. From engine compartment push the housing end-fitting into the dash panel grommet.
2. Install cable housing (throttle body end)   into the cable housing bracket on the engine.
3. From inside the vehicle, hold up pedal and install the throttle cable and retainer in the upper end of the pedal shaft.
4. At the dash panel, install the cable retainer clip between the end of the throttle cable fitting and the grommet.
5. From the engine compartment, rotate the throttle lever wide open and install the throttle cable.
There are a figures that might help but I would need to Xerox copy and postal mail those to you.
 Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston