Chrysler Repair/fuel rail recall: '93 5th ave

Question
QUESTION: I've heard that there may have been a recall on this Leaking problem.
Or is there a fix-it kit?

ANSWER: Hi Hopeful,
Here is the information about that recall. I "hope" you can get the dealer to repair it.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler 1993 Chrysler New Yorker Fuel Injection System Recalls

Recall Number: 98V184000 Owner Notification Date: January 11, 1999 Record Creation Date: August 17, 1998

Defect Description:
Vehicle description: passenger vehicles built with 3.5l engines. The fuel injection delivery system can leak fuel from some of the sealing o-rings or from hair line cracks in the thermoset fuel injection rail.

Defect Consequence:
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in a fire.

Corrective Action:
Dealers will replace the fuel rail o-rings and reinforce the outlet (passenger) side fuel rail. Vehicles showing fuel leakage on the outlet fuel rail must have the outlet rail replaced which includes changing the upper and lower injector o-rings. However, if a vehicle is leaking fuel from the o-rings or from a cracked fuel line, the vehicle should be taken into a dealer to have this repaired as soon as possible.

QUESTION: Hi again
I did call a couple of the dealers, they asked for the Vin #,
then they said that my cars were not under the recall notice.
So I called Chrysler , got the same runaround.
I told them that it seemed like : the Same problem and that it wasn't a big deal to fix it.
They stuck to the "Not those Vin #'s are covered".
It seems like cheap (thin) tubing was used.
I've never seen this kind of problem before.
Where do you recommend to go next?
Attorney General...
The I Team...
I Appreciate your insight.

Answer
Hi Hopeful,
I would suggest that you go to the dealership with the copy of what I sent you and ask them to show you the listing of VIN numbers for that recall so that you can see whether or not your car's VIN is included. If it is, they should do it, if it is not then there is probably no hope that they will do it.
But first:
The recall listing I have unfortunately is not specific as to VIN, only that it applies to the 3.5L engine. Is your engine the 3.5L (look at the top of the engine to see if that is shown or check whether the 8th position of the VIN is an "F" which is the symbol for that specific engine)?
If the engine is a 2.5, 3.0, 3.3 or 3.8L then the recall would not be applicable to your car (those engine's would show K, 3, R, or L in the 8th position of the VIN).

Thanks for the rating. Would you be so kind as to do that again only this time please click on the "yes" button where you see the question about a nomination of me to be "volunteer of the month"? I am competing for the recognition so need every vote I can get.

Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston